Friday, February 25, 2022

π•„π•šπ•Ÿπ••π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕄π•ͺ π”Ήπ•π•’π•”π•œ-π•†π•¨π•Ÿπ•–π•• π”Ήπ•¦π•€π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€ β„π•–π•”π• π•˜π•Ÿπ•šπ•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿ - ℝ𝕒𝕨 𝔻é𝕔𝕠𝕣

Hello, and welcome back, hope you tuned in on Monday for our seventeenth black-owned business! If you are new here, grab a seat and check out what we are doing this month! Grab some snacks and get to reading. 

For Black History Month, Eta Sigma Delta Inc will be highlighting some of our black-owned businesses on the grid for the second year. These business leaders have been seen working very hard at what they do and showing everyone that they can and will do it. We want to recognize them for their hard work and dedication to their crafts. 

These businesses have made a positive impact on the community rather it was by recognizing their dedicated customers, giving out group gifts, joining into conversations with their customers on Facebook, or just by giving great customer service. We want to say thank you for letting us into your world and we commend you for your hard work and focus. 

Here is what our eighteenth business owner had to say... 

Our eighteenth business is Raw DΓ©cor


About the Business

Raw DΓ©cor is small landscaping and interior decorating that comes with the perks of also being able to request a custom mesh piece into your dΓ©cor that nobody else has. The style focuses on simple and modern dΓ©cor with some quirkiness to it. The reason why I got into landscaping and decorating is that I have been told soo many times that I should and I swore I will not but here I am. 


About the owner, Rawbesticle...

"I am very open-minded and like to do things differently. Always seeking to do something different that nobody has done. I carry many talents only because I get bored easily with one hobby after mastering it then moving on to another. I collect them. I do like helping people and I am mostly the go-to person amongst my friends when they need help."

Raw DΓ©cor has been in business for about 3 months and will continue for years to come.

We asked Raw a couple of questions and here is what he had to say...


Do you find it is harder for you to be a black-owned business specifically if a lot of what you design, creative, or put together caters more to black people? 

- "I recently have been going public with this so it is very new but most of my clients have been people of color. So far the traffic has been well for me because of the work I have been on promoting. "

What makes doing what you do rewarding for you? 

- "Being able to help someone make use of their land/parcel and to enjoy it."

Typically how long does it take you to get 1 item out?

- "It takes about 3 to 5 days if I am not busy with RL I can landscape a whole parcel/sim in a day. "

What advice can you give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start their SL business? 

- "First impressions are important. Make your first impression memorable with your business. Do something different. Do not copy or build your business off bad experiences. Be organized and ON TIME. Do not make promises to a client that you know you cannot keep just because this is SL. You are using RL time and money here."

What would you like to say to all of your supporters and customers? 

- "When are you all having a BBQ? If you're cooking chitlings I am not coming. ♥"


The Flawless Sapphires of Eta Sigma Delta would like to thank you Raw for taking time out of your busy day to give us a look inside your life. 

Please support this business owner and continue to show love to our black-owned businesses in Second Life. 

Check him out on Facebook -  Check out Raw Decor FB





Thank you for reading!

Signing Out
Big Sister On Point aka
             Cassie Shaw MD

No comments:

Post a Comment