Monday, February 21, 2022

π•„π•šπ•Ÿπ••π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕄π•ͺ π”Ήπ•π•’π•”π•œ-π•†π•¨π•Ÿπ•–π•• π”Ήπ•¦π•€π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€ β„π•–π•”π• π•˜π•Ÿπ•šπ•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿ - β„‚π•’π•Ÿπ•’π•‘Γ©

 Hello, and welcome back, hope you tuned in on Saturday for our sixteenth black-owned business! If you are new here, grab a seat and check out what we are doing this month! Grab some snacks and get to reading. 

For Black History Month, Eta Sigma Delta Inc will be highlighting some of our black-owned businesses on the grid for the second year. These business leaders have been seen working very hard at what they do and showing everyone that they can and will do it. We want to recognize them for their hard work and dedication to their crafts. 

These businesses have made a positive impact on the community rather it was by recognizing their dedicated customers, giving out group gifts, joining into conversations with their customers on Facebook, or just by giving great customer service. We want to say thank you for letting us into your world and we commend you for your hard work and focus. 

Here is what our seventeenth business owner had to say... 

Our seventeenth business is CanapΓ©


About the Business

When I started creating two months ago, I wanted to bring a new style of decor to Second life. There are so many other genres of decor that have yet to be explored and I wanted to tap into that market.


About the owner, Rakeria Warden...

"I have a passion for interior design in real life, so I wanted to incorporate that into Second Life in some way.  I love all different styles of furniture and decor, so I wanted to add to the many different genres of decor that already exist inworld.  I have so many ideas that I want to bring to the grid so stay tuned."

CanapΓ© has been in business since January 2022 and will continue for years to come.

We asked Rakeria a couple of questions and here is what she had to say...


Do you find it is harder for you to be a black-owned business specifically if a lot of what you design, creative, or put together caters more to black people? 

- "The only thing I find a little hard is an exposure outside of our community. Once I cross that hurdle, I plan to be unstoppable.  Also, when I create furniture, I make what I find appealing.  My thought process isn't really geared toward race.  I want everybody to love my work. "

What makes doing what you do rewarding for you? 

- "A simple compliment is rewarding enough for me. It's a lot of work creating 100% mesh furniture to look realistic in the world so when people compliment or even purchase what I make, I feel accomplished."

Typically how long does it take you to get 1 item out?

- "From start to finish it can take up 1 or 2 days.  What takes up the most time for me is texturing because I want my textures to be close to real-life as possible. "

What advice can you give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start their SL business? 

- "Just do it.  If you have a passion for something, never talk yourself out of accomplishing it."

What would you like to say to all of your supporters and customers? 

- "I want them to know that their support doesn't go unnoticed.  It makes me grind harder to produce more things that they will enjoy. ♥"


The Flawless Sapphires of Eta Sigma Delta would like to thank you Rakeria for taking time out of your busy day to give us a look inside your life. 

Please support this business owner and continue to show love to our black-owned businesses in Second Life. 

Check her out on Facebook -  Check out Canape FB
Check her out on Market Place - Shop Canape MP





Thank you for reading!

Signing Out
Big Sister On Point aka
             Cassie Shaw MD

No comments:

Post a Comment