Saturday, February 12, 2022

𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕄𝕪 𝔹𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜-𝕆𝕨𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝔹𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 ℝ𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕘𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 - ℂ𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕋𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖 𝕊𝕃

Hello, and welcome back, hope you tuned in yesterday for our tenth black-owned business! If you are new here, grab a seat and check out what we are doing this month! Grab some snacks and get to reading. 

For Black History Month, Eta Sigma Delta Inc will be highlighting some of our black-owned businesses on the grid for the second year. These business leaders have been seen working very hard at what they do and showing everyone that they can and will do it. We want to recognize them for their hard work and dedication to their crafts. 

These businesses have made a positive impact on the community rather it was by recognizing their dedicated customers, giving out group gifts, joining into conversations with their customers on Facebook, or just by giving great customer service. We want to say thank you for letting us into your world and we commend you for your hard work and focus. 

Big Sister Sweet & Sassy took a trip to Cultured Taste...

Here is what our eleventh business owner had to say... 

Our eleventh business is Cultured Taste SL! 


In May 2020, I had the vision to want to highlight businesses and organizations, both big and small that are on the grid. Cultured Taste SL or CTSL for short, allows business owners, organizations, and brands to come on the show and get interviewed to let SL know who they are and what they do. It is presented in a FB vlog format to allow everyone to view and share and maybe even reach a new audience. The name came about because I mainly highlight the Urban side of the grid, which is the "Culture" and giving people a "Taste" of what the Urban side offers. Like my tagline says, "Businesses bring the flavor, I bring the plates, now eat up!"


About the owner, Tatyana De'LeRoi...

"I am Tatyana, Taty for short. I have been on the grid for 9 years. I am a very creative individual who loves positivity. I am not only a business owner, I am also an award-winning poet on the grid and have been spreading that gift for the last 7 years on SL. If you're looking for me I am either with my family, randomly dancing somewhere, or sitting by some form of water or in some mountains writing poetry. I am goofy, I am real, I can be a little ratchet...I am just unapologetically me. "

Cultured Taste SL has been in business for one year and eight months (2 years in May) and will continue for many more years to come.

We asked Tatyana a couple of questions and here is what she had to say...


Do you find it is harder for you to be a black-owned business specifically if a lot of what you design, creative, or put together caters more to black people? 

- "I don't necessarily find it hard being a black-owned business on SL mainly because my target audience is African Americans. I cater to African Americans or more of the urban side because I feel that there is where more positive visuals are needed."

What makes doing what you do rewarding for you? 

- "I love being able to meet new people and learn about other creatives.  I love being able to give people a place to brag about what they're good at. It's even more rewarding because I started out as being small and overlooked, so being able to highlight big and small creatives and not overlook them is amazing for me."

Typically how long does it take you to get 1 item out? 

"Usually, it takes me about a week and a half to produce a new video." 

What advice can you give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start their SL business? 

- "DON'T STOP! DON'T GIVE UP! Everybody starts off small, but just know that somebody is watching you, and that somebody is going to tell somebody else and that somebody will tell somebody else and watch you grow. Staying true to yourself and your brand is what people will respect the most."

What would you like to say to all of your supporters and customers? 

- "I just want to thank you. Thank you for trusting the process, thank you for believing in me, thank you for spreading the word about CTSL. Y'all help make Cultured Taste SL what it is and from the deepest part of my heart, I thank y'all for loving on me as much as I love y'all.  ♥"


The Flawless Sapphires of Eta Sigma Delta would like to thank you Tatyana for taking time out of your busy day to give us a look inside your life. 

Please support this young woman and continue to show love to our black-owned businesses in Second Life. 





Thank you for reading!

Signing Out
Big Sister On Point aka
             Cassie Shaw MD

No comments:

Post a Comment