Wednesday, February 9, 2022

𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕄𝕪 𝔹𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜-𝕆𝕨𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝔹𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 ℝ𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕘𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 - 𝕂𝕠𝕚 𝕃𝕠𝕥𝕦𝕤 𝕄𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝 ℂ𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣

       

Hello, and welcome back, hope you tuned in yesterday for our seventh black-owned business! If you are new here, grab a seat and check out what we are doing this month! Grab some snacks and get to reading. 

For Black History Month, Eta Sigma Delta Inc will be highlighting some of our black-owned businesses on the grid for the second year. These business leaders have been seen working very hard at what they do and showing everyone that they can and will do it. We want to recognize them for their hard work and dedication to their crafts. 

These businesses have made a positive impact on the community rather it was by recognizing their dedicated customers, giving out group gifts, joining into conversations with their customers on Facebook, or just by giving great customer service. We want to say thank you for letting us into your world and we commend you for your hard work and focus. 

Christy aka Big Sister Sweet & Sassy works at Koi Lotus Medical Center. 

Here is what our eighth business owner had to say... 

Our eighth business is Koi Lotus Medical Center! 

Koi Lotus Medical Center previously Little Hoots Medical Center before it was revamped was founded in August of 2018. It is owned and operated by Dr. Sakari A. Cheveyo M.D and her wonderful team. It's an honor and privilege to help those in the Secondlife community receive the best medical and maternity care possible. We strive to provide quality care and superior service to improve the health of the people we serve. 

We are dedicated to our patients and we go above and beyond to satisfy them. We also perform routine well visits for children, including developmental assessments, vaccinations, behavior evaluations, and more. Parents are encouraged to ask questions and let us know if they have any concerns about your child’s development or health. Our Pediatrician takes the time to ensure you are fully aware and well-informed about your child’s health. 

Specializing in OB/GYN care, Pediatrics, Women & Men's health, and much more. Tailoring to Pooterbilt (Pregnancy, Pediatrics, & Illnesses), Mama Allpa Scans, Deciduan Huds,  Love Momma Care & Role-Play (NON- HUD Care).

About the owner, Sakari Amirra Cheveyo™ M.D...

"I am Dr. Sakari A. Cheveyo M.D (llkvrma) physician and owner of Koi Lotus Medical Center. I completed my Doctoral education at Sacred Heart Medical University. Prior to opening my own medical facility, I have been a physician for a little over 3 years at Family Luv Medical/Birthing Center where I worked as Chief Of Staff, and also where I got my first experience as a doctor here on SL. I am a Medical Assistant in real life and I have worked in an OB/GYN Clinic. I wanted to bring what I learned from real life to Secondlife to give my patients the most realistic experience possible. With that being said I take pride in my Staff, Office, & Clinic. I offer more than just prenatal care, I offer love and compassion for my patients and their families."

Koi Lotus Medical Center just opened on December 10, 2021, and will continue for many more years.

We asked Sakari a couple of questions and here is what she had to say...


Do you find it is harder for you to be a black-owned business specifically if a lot of what you design, creative, or put together caters more to black people? 

- "As a black business owner, I do find it harder because as a community a lot of it is viewed as competition instead of coming together and working to promote and uplift each other. It seems like the love and support you would expect from your own community is hard to come by and in return can make it harder."

What makes doing what you do rewarding for you? 

- "To hear my patients say they are having a great experience and that they will be back, or that they are going to send more people to the clinic because they enjoy themselves. I love to hear the feedback and to know that I'm doing what I need to do for each individual person that crosses my path to have an experience that they can remember and are overall satisfied within the end. "

Typically how long does it take you to get 1 item out? 

"Starting out it hasn't been hard to gain patients. Most of my patients are returning patients that have had a great experience with me and in return refer others to come. " 

What advice can you give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start their SL business? 

- "The advice I would give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start a SecondLife business would be to plan ahead and work hard, push yourself, and never give up no matter how difficult it may seem. We oftentimes want to see the results right then but it takes time and attention. Hard work always pays off and the end result will show that. Also, stick to those who you know genuinely love and support you it is all helpful in the end."

What would you like to say to all of your supporters and customers? 

- "To my supporters and patients thank you thank you a million times over for all the love and support you give. You all make it worthwhile and I appreciate each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. You all keep my passion and my love for what I do alive and give me the extra push to do what I do. Much love to you all and many thanks! ♥"


The Flawless Sapphires of Eta Sigma Delta would like to thank you Sakari for taking time out of your busy day to give us a look inside your life. 

Please support this young woman and continue to show love to our black-owned businesses in Second Life. 





Thank you for reading!

Signing Out
Big Sister On Point aka
             Cassie Shaw MD

No comments:

Post a Comment