Friday, February 11, 2022

π•„π•šπ•Ÿπ••π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕄π•ͺ π”Ήπ•π•’π•”π•œ-π•†π•¨π•Ÿπ•–π•• π”Ήπ•¦π•€π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€ β„π•–π•”π• π•˜π•Ÿπ•šπ•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿ - 𝔽𝔼𝕋𝔼 π•Šπ•ƒ

 

Hello, and welcome back, hope you tuned in yesterday for our ninth black-owned business! If you are new here, grab a seat and check out what we are doing this month! Grab some snacks and get to reading. 

For Black History Month, Eta Sigma Delta Inc will be highlighting some of our black-owned businesses on the grid for the second year. These business leaders have been seen working very hard at what they do and showing everyone that they can and will do it. We want to recognize them for their hard work and dedication to their crafts. 

These businesses have made a positive impact on the community rather it was by recognizing their dedicated customers, giving out group gifts, joining into conversations with their customers on Facebook, or just by giving great customer service. We want to say thank you for letting us into your world and we commend you for your hard work and focus. 

Here is what our tenth business owner had to say... 

Our tenth business is FETE SL! 


FETE SL was created based off of a hobby but other events made me decide to make my decor business public and take on clients doing what I found to be a passion. I love creating experiences that were what I considered to be aesthetically pleasing, and visually appealing to RL style. This simply was a small vision that turned out to be something people admired and I took on more decor projects for clients such as baby showers, dinner parties, weddings, etc. The brand has now expanded to help others bring RL visions into this virtual reality and has now added decor for purchase. I plan on bringing more unique and quality pieces to the grid.


About the owner, Tali P. Fete...

"I have been on Secondlife since November 2012, I am coming into my 10th year on the grid, I've always loved decor and fashion. I wanted to implement my RL skills on SecondLife, I have a fashion design background in RL. So fashion and design are very dear to me and I put in a lot of love to each thing I create a design for myself and others. I actually own two businesses one geared towards fashion accessories and now FETE has expanded to become an overall interior decorating and decor brand. I just really want to bring realistic vision and pieces to the grid to allow others to have their dream fantasy experience.  "

FETE SL was established in March 2019  and will continue for many more years to come.

We asked Tali a couple of questions and here is what she had to say...


Do you find it is harder for you to be a black-owned business specifically if a lot of what you design, creative, or put together caters more to black people? 

- "Sometimes, because people play favorites on the grid, just be you and stay in your lane the right ones that love and admire your work will support you."

What makes doing what you do rewarding for you? 

- "Seeing others happy using my pieces to make their event special and unique."

Typically how long does it take you to get 1 item out? 

"I try to release monthly or twice a month depending since I am running two stores. " 

What advice can you give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start their SL business? 

- "Be patient, and don't be so hard on yourself you're really your own worst critic. Remember it takes time to be great, and takes a lot of dedication and time away from family and loved ones to get your business to where want it. So be willing to sacrifice some quality time, but find balance. You don't want to burn yourself out."

What would you like to say to all of your supporters and customers? 

- "I really appreciate everyone who believes in what I'm trying to bring to the grid. The support, words of encouragement reminds me that I should keep going because it lets me know my work and time have not been taken in vain. ♥"


The Flawless Sapphires of Eta Sigma Delta would like to thank you Tali for taking time out of your busy day to give us a look inside your life. 

Please support this young woman and continue to show love to our black-owned businesses in Second Life. 

Check him out on Facebook -  Check out FETE SL FB
In World - Coming Soon but you can find the current set @ DreamDay






Thank you for reading!

Signing Out
Big Sister On Point aka
             Cassie Shaw MD

No comments:

Post a Comment