Sunday, February 27, 2022

𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕄𝕪 𝔹𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜-𝕆𝕨𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝔹𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 ℝ𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕘𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 - 𝕓𝕖𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕝 ℂ𝕒𝕣𝕖 ℂ𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣

Welcome Back to the last day of Minding My Black-Owned Business Recognition! I hope you got a chance to look at all of our black-owned businesses and if you didn't what are you waiting for??? Go back and look in our past blogs and check these awesome businesses out.

Unfortunately, we were not able to showcase all black-owned businesses this month but we do appreciate and support all of the SL black-owned businesses!

We hope you enjoyed learning about these businesses and their owners as much as we did. Now on with it. 😀

For Black History Month, Eta Sigma Delta Inc will be highlighting some of our black-owned businesses on the grid for the second year. These business leaders have been seen working very hard at what they do and showing everyone that they can and will do it. We want to recognize them for their hard work and dedication to their crafts. 

These businesses have made a positive impact on the community rather it was by recognizing their dedicated customers, giving out group gifts, joining into conversations with their customers on Facebook, or just by giving great customer service. We want to say thank you for letting us into your world and we commend you for your hard work and focus. 

Here is what our last business owner had to say... 

Our last business is beWell Care Center




About the Business

beWell Care Center is a small family clinic in the virtual platform Second Life™ that is dedicated to giving avatars of all ages (from child to adult) the best possible medical role play experience for you & your family members.

At beWell we focus on making sure that your medical role-play experience is catered to you, your personality & your needs.  We are a voice-friendly facility, offering light to full-on role-play (in text or on voice; patient's choice).


About the owner, Kilolo Jenkins...

"I really hate talking about myself so don't really know what to put here.  I do a little bit of everything (many SL jobs) and just try to enjoy my time in SL with my family and close friends. "

beWell Care Center has been in business since December 2018 and will continue for years to come.

We asked Kilolo a couple of questions and here is what she had to say...


Do you find it is harder for you to be a black-owned business specifically if a lot of what you design, creative, or put together caters more to black people? 

- "I don't feel that it is.  But then again, as a Black-Owned Business, I never considered targeting just one racial demographic. My type of services are catered to people seeking a good, fun, informative, entertaining, and hopefully affordable virtual medical experience regardless of race, gender or species. "

What makes doing what you do rewarding for you? 

- "The joy in the voices of my patients.  The exuberance with which they come to their appointments and continue to take their medical journeys with me is what is most rewarding for me. The laughs and the smiles we get when a patient feels they've been well taken care of at my clinic.

I want my patients and visitors to feel both comfortable and safe to be who they are at the heart of their personalities. Not all spaces of this kind allow that to happen.

When I began this business many years ago, I did it for multiple reasons, one of which was specifically to be a place of safety for child avatars seeking medical care who may not necessarily have an adult figure with whom they could travel to seek the services they needed, be it for school or just a general role play.

I also created this business as an opportunity to work collaboratively with patients who may be seeking a safe way to manifest things in their SL that they can not in their real lives (RL). 

To see and hear some of the backstories of why my patients have chosen the paths they have for this style of role play, or even choosing my clinic or them being able to feel comfortable in this space is a joy to me. And it tells me that I've done what I set out to do with this space. "

Typically how long does it take you to get 1 item out?

- "I'm not really sure how to answer this question.  I feel like there are enough people in need of virtual medical care that even when it feels like there is a lull for me seeing new patients...it isn't. It gives me time to refocus my energies and try to be better at what I do.  Sometimes the word of mouth catches me off guard.  But at the same time, I just feel lucky; blessed."

What advice can you give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start their SL business? 

- "There is enough in the pot for everyone to get a serving. Being greedy or divisive or even trying to be stealthy in your venture(s) will not make what you do for your client base any better.  Be yourself. Offer yourself.  There isn't a need to copy others' styles. Create your own mold so that you're remembered for your authenticity, not borrowed/stolen concepts, words or actions. That kind of behavior leads to bad karma and who needs that? And lastly, don't EVER let haters or naysayers get in the way of your dream."

What would you like to say to all of your supporters and customers? 

- "Thank you to every person, business, and entity who has supported me over the years.  I am eternally grateful and deeply appreciate everything that we've experienced during our time together. This place doesn't exist without you. ♥"


The Flawless Sapphires of Eta Sigma Delta would like to thank you Kilolo for taking time out of your busy day to give us a look inside your life. 

Please support this business owner and continue to show love to our black-owned businesses in Second Life. 

Check her out on Facebook -  Check out beWell Care Center FB
Check her out in World - Check out beWell Care Center In World





Thank you for hanging out with us this month!!! Stay tuned for more blogs from us.

Signing Out
Big Sister On Point aka
             Cassie Shaw MD

No comments:

Post a Comment