Thursday, February 10, 2022

𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕄𝕪 𝔹𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜-𝕆𝕨𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝔹𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 ℝ𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕘𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 - 𝕄𝕦𝕣𝕒

Hello, and welcome back, hope you tuned in yesterday for our eighth black-owned business! If you are new here, grab a seat and check out what we are doing this month! Grab some snacks and get to reading. 

For Black History Month, Eta Sigma Delta Inc will be highlighting some of our black-owned businesses on the grid for the second year. These business leaders have been seen working very hard at what they do and showing everyone that they can and will do it. We want to recognize them for their hard work and dedication to their crafts. 

These businesses have made a positive impact on the community rather it was by recognizing their dedicated customers, giving out group gifts, joining into conversations with their customers on Facebook, or just by giving great customer service. We want to say thank you for letting us into your world and we commend you for your hard work and focus. 

Here is what our ninth business owner had to say... 

Our ninth business is Mura! 


Mura is a second life store that provides afro-centric beauty and lifestyle.


About the owner, Sage Absinthe-Oatsmill ...

"My name is Sage Absinthe-Oatsmill. I'm a Second Life entrepreneur and videographer. When I'm not running my businesses on SL I enjoy creating short films, exploring, shopping, and spending time with friends and family."

Mura has been open for 6 months and will continue for many more years to come.

We asked Sage a couple of questions and here is what she had to say...


Do you find it is harder for you to be a black-owned business specifically if a lot of what you design, creative, or put together caters more to black people? 

- "I don't find it hard being a black-owned business, in fact, because I create products for those who present as African/Black avatars my business and the creative process feels easy. I myself am a black woman in real life so everything I create is a mirror and reflection of what I've been surrounded with my whole life."

What makes doing what you do rewarding for you? 

- "This feels rewarding to me on a visceral level because for so long black avatars on here have struggled so much with having Afro-centric beauty products. It's only been in recent years that more creators that create these hair products are becoming mainstream of course with the exceptions of the OGs like Unorthodox. I love getting messages of people thanking me for what I create and telling me to keep going."

Typically how long does it take you to get 1 item out? 

"It honestly ranges for releases such as afros and Flexi hair, it can take 1-2 days. But for meshes that coincide with hair bases that can take me up to a week, so about 35 hours." 

What advice can you give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start their SL business? 

- "There's always room for all of us. Never feel like you have to compete, your mark will always be unique and different to you. Have fun, pour love into your work, and the following, money, and events will follow."

What would you like to say to all of your supporters and customers? 

- "Thank you so much for all the love these past few months. I'm truly filled with gratitude every time I see you all wear the hair, posting it and messaging me. ♥"


The Flawless Sapphires of Eta Sigma Delta would like to thank you Sage for taking time out of your busy day to give us a look inside your life. 

Please support this young woman and continue to show love to our black-owned businesses in Second Life. 

Check her out on Facebook - Shop Mura FB
In World - Shop Mura InWorld
Market Place - Shop Mura on MP





Thank you for reading!

Signing Out
Big Sister On Point aka
             Cassie Shaw MD

No comments:

Post a Comment