Thursday, May 27, 2021

(❁´◡`❁) GREEK HIGHLIGHT 411-MAY EDITION (❁´◡`❁)




 Eta Sigma Delta is proud to present, GREEK HIGHLIGHT 411. The Flawless Sapphires will pick 2 Greek organizations a month to interview. We will get to know a little about them, and any upcoming events so we can be more informed on upcoming Greek Events. Our sorority for the month we chose is Theta Delta Alpha. Big Sister Sweet and Sassy sat down with Founder Diva Emerald. Here's what she had to say.


Christy: First I wanna say thank you so much for sitting down with me and doing this interview God mama. I am so glad you chose to do this interview with me and its great to see you as always! How bout we get started with telling me a little about you?


Diva: My name is Diva Emerald and I have been on the grid 8 years almost 9. I started my own sorority in 2013. I love to travel, I love exploring when I have the time, because I am so involved in a lot of things. I am the owner of Lake Geneva Camp and Resort, also I help my mom with her beyou store. I am family oriented and love spending time with all of them.


Christy: I know for a fact you are family oriented, and all of us sapphires love our god mama! So tell me, what made you want to start a sorority, and when was it founded?


Diva: Theta Delta Alpha was founded Sept 1st 2013. My 2nd year on SL I was asked to be apart of a sorority, I ended up pledging, I crossed and it just didn't feel right to me. We were totally different. They didn't share the same values as I did, and no disrespect to them but they were very big into embarrassment. I didn't see anywhere where I could grow and learn from, and I didn't want to be involved with women of that nature. My Sl Mom then tried to throw me into a sorority, and I ended up being apart. I also didn't fit in there as well. After bonding with some of the ladies in the sorority but after having a confrontation with the founder. I decided to step away.  After 6 months of debating, researching, and talking to several people, I decided that I wanted to create a sorority with women who are like minded like me. I wanted a sorority that was classy, respectful, beautiful, and was truly about sisterhood instead of being popular. 


Christy: I have met most of the ladies in your sorority, and I respect them. They are gorgeous and strong queens and I love the fact you all are bonded the way you are. You all seem so close. What about Theta Delta Alpha Sorority makes you ladies stand out?


Diva: I feel like what stands out about us is that you will never ever see us involved in any face book drama or involved in any kind of drama. I hold my sisters to a very high caliber, and we are truly sisters. We have each others real life phone numbers and we are always there for one another. We do not hide anything from each other. Our bond is very tight, and that's very rare to find on SL. We pride ourselves in being classy, and not letting anyone in our business. 


Christy: That is the way it should be. A sister bond means everything, and its nice to know that you have each other. Switching gears, I wanted to talk a little about your philanthropies. Could you tell me a little more about them?


Diva: Yes ma'am! Our main charity is Trisomy 13. I had a cousin pass away from this horrible disease. Being on second life, I realized not a lot of people were aware of Trisomy 13, and it made us want to put more awareness out there. We also support the Me Too Movement, and currently we are looking into information about Lymphedema. We know someone personally who is suffering, and would like to offer a helping hand. 


Christy:  I personally love those charities and I had no idea about Trisomy 13 until I got acquainted with  TDA. Aside from the charities, what are some of your signature events? 


Diva: Our sisterhood banquet and our Trisomy Weekend.


Christy: I've personally been to your sisterhood banquet and for the past 2 years, I have been Eta Sigma Delta's Sister of the Month. What was your thought process behind creating the sisterhood banquet?


Diva:  When we first did our sisterhood banquet it was about bonding all sororities together in Greek SL. I was seeing a lot of bickering and drama, and Greek life is about unity. I thought we are all supposed to be here for the same goal, being unified and doing service for community. So I thought all these sororities coming together and participate and to just unify us by doing something such as a poem, dance, or a speech. We just had our 6th annual sisterhood banquet, and its something we are very proud of.


Christy: Well I love the unity and what the sisterhood banquet is about! Do you have any upcoming events?


Diva: Apart of GIF Greek Row, and we have quarterly events, we have an event coming up. Its a game Show.. Who's at the door, May 28th pm SLT  Winner will get 5k for their origination. 


Christy: That is awesome! Eta Sigma Delta will be there to take that 5k home!!! One more question, inquiring minds want to know! Are you gonna be doing a pledge line soon? 


Diva: Actually we are gonna have another line this year, we will start recruiting in the fall. Please follow us on Facebook for further updates. https://www.facebook.com/ThetaDeltaAlphaSLSorority 


Christy: Thank you so much for sitting down with me today to do this interview Diva. It was great to see you again, and I look forward to supporting TDA in the years to come. Do you mind if I snap a picture of you?


Diva: Of course, It was my pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment