Wednesday, May 12, 2021

ESD April Charity Event For Autism

 


Christy Sparrowhawk Aka Big Sister Sweet N Sassy had an amazing idea for a charity event. A Battle of the Decades Party! It was held on April 26. Shout out to DJ Spice for holding us down!! We raised 18400L or just about $80USD for Autism Speaks.

Here is a little interview I did before and after the event. 

Before the event: 

Q: What inspired you to do the event?
A: I used to have an autistic patients, and I grew to love them like my own children. One of them even called me mama. Ever since then I've had a passion for helping Autistic children and adults.

Q: How did you decide on the theme of the party?
A: I wanted something different...and I loveeeee music...from all decades..so I thought of Sister Act...and dancing in the street..then the idea just hit me!

Q: Why is raising money for charity important for you?
A: Its important to me because I want to give back, regardless of the charity.  In a world where all you hear is bad, I want to be apart of something good.


After the event: 

Q: How do you feel your event went?
A: I felt we had a very good turn out. Just for having one event we raised 18,400L.

Q: What impact do you think your event could have on autism?
A: I think with the money that is donated it could help families who are in need, provide resources, and raise awareness. ESD will also be looking into different Autism charities to benefit more families.

Q: Will we be seeing another decades party from ESD?
A: We possibly could use that next year since our turn out was so great!

We also had a costume for best in Decades. Each winner won 1k. 
Female Winner: Shannise Lombardi
Male Winner: Carlito Praga 

Brought to you by Big Sister Visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment