Monday, February 22, 2021

πŸ…ΌπŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ…³πŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ…Ά πŸ…ΌπŸ†ˆ πŸ…±πŸ…»πŸ…°πŸ…²πŸ…Ί πŸ…ΎπŸ††πŸ…½πŸ…΄πŸ…³ πŸ…±πŸ†„πŸ†‚πŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ…΄πŸ†‚πŸ†‚ πŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…²πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΆπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†ƒπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ - Divi's Decor

 Welcome Back! Glad to see that you are still with us and you was here for our seventeenth black owned business yesterday! If you are new here, grab a seat and check out what we are doing this month and don't forget to go back to the other blogs so you can play catch up! We hope you are enjoying learning about these businesses and their owners as much as we are. πŸ˜€

For Black History Month, Eta Sigma Delta Inc is highlighting some of our black owned businesses on the grid. These business leaders have been seen working very hard at what they do and showing everyone that they can and will do it. We want to recognize them for their hard work and dedication to their crafts. 

These businesses have made a positive impact to the community rather it was by recognizing their dedicated customers, giving out group gifts, joining into conversations with their customers on Facebook or just by giving great customer service. We want to say thank you for letting us into your world and we commend you for your hard work and focus. 

Here is what our eighteenth business owner had to say.... 

Our eighteenth business is Divi's Decor

Divi's Decor is an interior decorating business. We have been in business for 4 years and we have created many beautiful spaces for several clients. We specialize in bringing clients vision to life, whether it be a vision they thought of or one they saw in RL and want to recreate in SL.

About the owner, Divi Jenelle Carriere

"I am pretty laid back, love to laugh, and goofy at times. I love helping others and will give someone the shirt off my back if need be. I typically surround myself with my family and spend most of my time with them when I am not decorating or shopping. I have been in SL for 13 years and I have met many amazing people. I enjoy creating spaces in SL and I get so much inspiration from the design shows I watch in RL. "

Divi's Decor has been in business for 4 years.


We asked Divi a couple of questions and here is what she had to say...

Do you find it is harder for you being a black owned business and specifically if a lot of what you design, creative or put together caters more to black people? 

- "No. I have not had any hardships being a black owned business. "

What makes doing what you do rewarding for you? 

- "The biggest reward for me is seeing my clients reactions when I reveal their newly decorated homes to them."

Typically how long does it take you to get 1 item out? 

"Depending on the project size and level of detail required, it can range from 1 day to 1 week or longer."

What advice can you give to other black entrepreneurs trying to start their SL business? 

- "Do not give up! It's might be hard to get started and get your name out there but with lots of hard work you can and will be successful!"

What would you like to say to all of your supporters and customers? 

- "Thank you so much for supporting me, whether it's hiring me for a project, sharing my work I post, nominating me for awards, or recommending me to others. I appreciate all of you and I could not do do what I without your support!"


The Flawless Sapphires of Eta Sigma Delta would like to thank you Divi for taking time out of your busy day to give us a look inside your life. 

Please support this beautiful young lady and continue to show love to our black owned businesses in Second Life. 

Check her out on facebook - Divi's Decor SL FB





Thank you for reading and come back tomorrow for our next business recognition!

Signing Out
Big Sister On Point aka
             Cassie Shaw MD

No comments:

Post a Comment