Thursday, June 24, 2021

(❁´◡`❁) GREEK HIGHLIGHT 411-JUNE EDITION (❁´◡`❁)



Eta Sigma Delta is proud to present, GREEK HIGHLIGHT 411. The Flawless Sapphires will pick 2 Greek organizations a month to interview. We will get to know a little about them, and any upcoming events so we can be more informed on upcoming Greek Events. Our sorority for the month we chose is Psi Kappa Phi. Big Sister Sweet and Sassy sat down with Founder Suzie Esquire. Here's what she had to say.

Christy: Grandma its an absolute pleasure to be sitting down with you today. Earlier in the month we interviewed Xi Alpha Phi which is your brother organization so I found it to be fitting to choose Psi Kappa Phi for our sorority of the month. 

Suzie: Thank you grand baby girl. Its a pleasure, and thank you so much for thinking of us.

Christy: You are very welcome. Lets get started by telling me a little background about you?

Suzie: Oh boy! My name is Suzie Coba-Esquire founder of Psi Kappa Phi. I am a very passionate person and passionate about things and people I love. I'm genuine, I love people and I'm an advocate for women. I'm always looking to challenge myself within, with new ideas and anything positive. 

Christy: One thing I can say about you, you are a beautiful person inside and out. I've known you for a while and you are always positive and love helping anyone in need. Tell me What made you want to found Psi Kappa Phi and when was it founded?

Suzie: Psi Kappa Phi was founded on November 13th 2019.  I founded Psi Kappa Phi because I wanted to make a difference in the Greek community. Some of the negative behaviour sometimes gives the Greek community a black eye on the grid. We all can work towards changing that! I wanted to develop an organization that would bring positive and empowered women together. My goal is to make sure my sisters and I are doing our part in promoting positive change.

Christy: That is a great answer. Women empowerment I will always be passionate about. So tell me how do you feel Psi Kappa Phi is different from the rest of the sororities in Second life? 

Suzie: The love we show for our sisters is a start. You have to start with home before you do or help anyone else. The support and love we show for each other, I'm hoping that can be contagious in the the Greek community. Also what we try to do in psi Kappa Phi, we are strong advocates on empowering each other, we are not in competition. We hope that empowerment is seen across the Greek community and encourages people to empower each other as well.

Christy: I love that answer! So tell me what are your philanthropies?

Suzie: Kidney Disease, One of the daughters that we had passed away from Kidney disease, and if she were still with us I'm sure she would have joined Psi Kappa Phi and been involved just as much as the rest of my sisters. Also it hits closer to home with my RL daughter, she also has Kidney disease,. Its something Psi Kappa Phi is very passionate about, and that makes me proud.

Christy: Do you have any signature events? 

Suzie: We are still new to the Greek community but one of the events we are bringing back is Business Forum. We did it last year and are looking forward to doing it this year as well.

Christy: That is awesome! Do you have any events coming other than Business Form?

Suzie: We do have an event coming soon, however details cannot be released at this time. Please follow our Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/TheLadiesOfPsiKappaPhiSLSororityInc

Christy: I cant wait to hear what you ladies are coming up with! One more question, Are the ladies of Psi Kappa Phi by chance having a pledge line this year? 

Suzie: Yes we will be having a pledge line, we are accepting applications. Please stay updated for more information on when pledging will begin.

Christy: Sounds great! Do you have any closing remarks or anything you would like to add?

Suzie: Yes, I wanted to say I am very proud of my brothers and congrats on another year. To my sisters and my family I love you so much. To the Greek Community, I have nothing but love for all of you. Be a light in a world full of darkness!

Christy: That's beautiful grandma! Thank you so much for your time, and doing this interview with me!

Suzie: You are welcome grand baby girl, thank you for the opportunity!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment