Sunday, June 9, 2019

NATIONAL NURSES ASSISTANT DAY

IT'S NATIONAL NURSES ASSISTANT DAY!


       National Nurses Assistant day isn't just one day it is a whole week, and this year we are kicking it off today June 9th 2019! The week of Nurses Assistant runs through June 13th- 20th 2019. I can personally appreciate this day because I was a CNA ( Certified Nurses Assistant) for many years, and there are many days we go unappreciated. The jobs of RN (Registered Nurses) and doctors run a lot smoother with the assistance of CNA's. The position of CNA's is one of the lowest paid professions in the medical field,but one of the hardest labors as well. CNA's are the ones who are the closest with patients, and give the nurturing care to those who are sick. I have cared for many people and comforted their loved ones too; we wear many hats. We have several duties, from taking vitals, giving report, patient care, and running errands; all the while with a smile on our faces. Being a  CNA was rewarding for me because I felt I was giving care and love to someone in need, and it gave me a sense of purpose. It is the one job I truly enjoy doing, and I get paid! It is not everyday that a person can have a job they enjoy, and you have to be a people person to be good at this job. One thing this position has taught me is to remember how important we are to nurses and doctors, so that when I became a nurse to never take my CNA staff for granted. So, the next time you are in a medical facility and you see a CNA, smile, be kind and say "thank you", because they are the ones who look after those whom you love.

FUN FACTS ABOUT NURSES ASSISTANTS:
-This year theme is, "4 Million Reasons to Celebrate"
-It takes 4 to 12 weeks to become a CNA 
-CNA work in hospitals and nursing homes

GIFTS TO GIVE NURSES ASSISTANTS:
- Signature coffee mug
-Collectible Pens
-Floral arrangement
-Balloons w/ card
-Gift card to dinner
It doesn't take much to make a nurses assistant smile and feel appreciated!

Blogger: Dr. Sugababy Brite

ESD Duchess aka  Big Sis Keep it 100                   


No comments:

Post a Comment