Sunday, March 13, 2016

Eta Sigma Delta's Sister of The Month ~ Ms. KariNoelle Baptiste ~ Take a look into her life


Eta Sigma Delta’s Sister of the Month goes to KariNoelle Baptiste aka Big Sister Sweetpea. Not only is it a honor for me to have the privilege to interview her as a sister but, I was also her mentor during the pledge process. Kari started off in ESD as a little shy but wanted to soak in all the knowledge she could get her hand on. Once she became comfortable and confident in what she could achieved, she hit the ground running! Once placed into the role of head of philanthropy, she took that role and its causes very serious and immediately begin to think up unique ways to raise money and awareness for each challenge.



On March 7. 2016 Kari and I sat down in my office at the Eta Sigma Delta Sorority house and had a nice and fun chat. Check it out...

Dr. Destiny Ashland: Hello, Hello, Hello, Ms. Kari! Thank you for coming to have a chat with me today.

KariNoelle Baptiste: Hey Sis Destiny! it's my pleasure!

Destiny Ashland: Ms. Kari, Let's start off with why did you decide to pledge Eta Sigma Delta?

KariNoelle Baptiste: In RL, my parents were Greek and i never really had the interest to join a sorority in RL. When I joined SL and met a sister of ESD, my interest was peaked! There was something about being apart of a Sisterhood of strong women that grabbed my attention and being the only girl and the oldest of 3 children in RL, i wanted to know how it would be to have a sister or in this case sisters!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: How have you experience been so far?

KariNoelle Baptiste: One word...AMAZING!! I enjoy being with my sisters of ESD! I've learned so much about being sisterhood, being a mentor, a leader...and being able to connect with women that are just like me!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: That's what I'm talking about! Love it!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: What is your current rank in ESD?

KariNoelle Baptiste: I'm a Countess, and shall I add I am the first Countess in ESD history!! YAYYYY!!!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: Hi5! So since you are a Countess that means you have ranked up twice correct?

KariNoelle Baptiste: Yes!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: Do you enjoy your new rank?

KariNoelle Baptiste: I do! I often think about my ranking and what it means to me and the organization but at the same time remaining humble!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: Me personally, I am very proud of you. I was your mentor during the pledge process and you have made me very proud that you have come so far. You went from being a little shy to busting out of your shell and that is what it is all about. Reaching different heights and becoming comfortable with your greatness because honey, you are GREAT! We strive for all of our sisters to reach their goals and higher points in their sl lives.

KariNoelle Baptiste: Thank you Sis! You're gonna make my mascara run! Yes you were my mentor,and I still consider you MY MENTOR! A perfect example of a leader, a sister and a friend!
I prays God for the opportunity to be apart of a Sisterhood that I feel and know to be GREAT!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: Awwww thank you sis! What motivates you to give all that you give into the sorority?

KariNoelle Baptiste: I love what I do for my sisters, and myself of ESD! What motivates me is knowing that I have some strong, God fearing, talented and creative sister around me that share the same goals of giving back to the community and trying to make a positive difference in SL as well as RL.

Dr. Destiny Ashland: That's what I love to hear. We are a team and we help keep each other motivated. I love that answer.

KariNoelle Baptiste: Thank you! So very true! We are sisters and also outstanding LADIES!



Dr. Destiny Ashland: Hi5! And since you are the head of the philanthropy team are there any particular causes that are most dear to you?

KariNoelle Baptiste: Good question! I would have to say all of them are important even if they don't affect me directly. But if I had to choose one it would be RFL of SL - Relay for Life. I lost my RL Grandmother to cancer.

Dr. Destiny Ashland: I lost my mom to cancer so I totally understand that one. What would you say is your best memory in ESD so far?

KariNoelle Baptiste: My most memorable moment has to be when I officially became an ESD Sister, a Princess. During the ceremony I was so nervous that I had my lighting candle in the wrong hand and I somehow tp-ed to the roof of the building!!

Dr. Destiny Ashland laughs

Dr. Destiny Ashland: You are the sister of the month, how exactly did you feel when you learned that you were named sister of the month?

KariNoelle Baptiste: Humbled. I couldn't and still can't believe it was me! I look at each one of my sisters and see apart of them that I admire. I am who I am because of my sisters.

Dr. Destiny Ashland: awwwww that is sweet.

KariNoelle Baptiste smiles

Dr. Destiny Ashland: Do you do other things outside of ESD, for instance do you have a family or work elsewhere?

KariNoelle Baptiste: Well...lol...I have many jobs in SL besides from ESD, I have a wonderful partner, I'm a mother, a sister and a grandmother. My SL family keeps me very entertained!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: How do you juggle it all?

KariNoelle Baptiste: Sometimes I don't think I do, they juggle me! As a family, we do projects together and we chat often about everything!! SMH...yes...everything!

Dr. Destiny Ashland: Awww well thats good because timing can be funtastic. Thank you so much for the interview and congrats again on being sister of the month it is greatly deserved.

KariNoelle Baptiste: Thank you for having me! This was an honor! Truly an honor!

And there you have it! Congrats again Kari! I hope you enjoyed looking in the life of one of our sisters.

Signing off
Dr. Destiny Ashland aka Big Sister On Point


No comments:

Post a Comment