Thursday, October 11, 2018

*•.¸♡ ๐“๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“˜’๐“ถ ๐“™๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“œ๐“ฎ ๐“‘๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ♡¸.•*


I'm sure like myself many people did not even know that this existed but once I found it, I was like oh this would be a great blog to help people be uplifted and motivated especially to love themselves. I will give the history of this movement and then participate myself. Spread the word and add to it! 


I’m Just Me Because Month in October invites all people to express their individuality …Their motto is “Be Yourself!”

For the month of October it focuses on promoting individual development, creating environments that break down stereotypes, and embracing who we really are. The movement recognizes the diversity around them, and they move beyond simple tolerance to celebrate humanity. It's all about giving voice to the things that make us unique and understanding and recognizing that acceptance helps change the culture. 

The I’m Just Me Movement reminds us the concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies. Understanding diversity is the exploration of these differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment. It is about understanding each other and embracing and celebrating the rich variety contained within us.

We can express ourselves through our strengths, talents and achievements. Some may choose to define themselves by their challenges or appearance; others emphasize their inner beauty or unique features. I’m Just Me Because Month provides endless conversations starters from hair color to where a person was born, but we don’t have to be defined only by our circumstances, mistakes or by address. Remember, to identify the connection of the world’s greatest you, and be THAT! As Tina says, “Live life forward.”

HOW TO OBSERVE THIS MOVEMENT
Express the ways that make you the unique individual you are throughout the month of October. Celebrate the person that is like no other and be you! Use the #ImJustMeBecause and tell everyone why by posting on social media.

HISTORY
The I’m Just Me Movement grew from the experiences of the Culbreath family who in 2013 created a fundraiser to help with costs of post-graduation support for their son, Rze Culbreath. Rze had just graduated and his mother, about the same time, had been diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer. Their son’s dream to attend college, despite his challenges, was remarkable. Tina Stevens-Culbreath and Rodney Culbreath, SR created a fundraiser and called it the I’m Just Me Movement. The funding would impact their son in ways they didn’t expect and life would take unexpected turns like life often does. They learned about their community, their neighbors, their son and each other.

On through 2014, they continued outreach of inclusion; November 2015, the I’m Just Me Movement became a non-profit organization with a mission of spreading awareness and breaking down stereotypes. Rze’s parents, Tina and Rodney, felt inspired by their son and the community to continue their efforts to impact individuals.

November 2016, the I’m Just Me Movement founded -I’m Just Me Because Month in hopes of reaching people on a national level, to encourage celebrating the rich scopes of diversity contained within each individual through acceptance and respect for one another. The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed I’m Just Me Because Month to be observed annually in October.

About I’m Just Me Movement
Today, through their organization founders Rze Culbreath, Rodney Culbreath SR, Zach Harrell, Christine Stevens-Culbreath play a positive role in young lives every day. With great team members, they are providing their Live Life Forward Initiative workshops, mentoring, presentations and many more programs through a variety of venues including schools, businesses and events. I’m Just Me Movement speaks out to advocate and raise awareness about inclusion, diversity, bullying, and self-esteem issues, to positively impact youth/communities and guide, teach, train, and mentor them to a better future.

Our Approach to Help Stop Bullying! We believe that the solution to the ending the cycle of bullying resides with the fact that we must nurture who they are and help them build self-esteem as well! People are less likely to cut others down and be more compassionate when they feel good about themselves. The bully is part of the solution!





#ImJustMeBecause


I'm just me because I'm genuine and real with anyone in my life. To some that may be too much and honestly I have lost people in my life because of my honesty, but I would rather be real, honest and lose someone that wasn't meant to stay in my life then be fake, lie and keep the people in my life that never belonged. 


#ImJustMeBecause
I'm just me because I'm a leader not a follower! I was born to lead not follow the crowd. I believe in originality and taking my own lead. That sometimes makes me seem like a loner and I'm perfectly okay with that....


What about you????



*•.¸♡ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ž๐“พ๐“ฝ..... ๐““๐“ป. ๐““๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ข๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ธ 
                                      ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช ๐“‘๐“ฒ๐“ฐ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ž๐“ท ๐“Ÿ๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ ♡¸.•*

No comments:

Post a Comment