Saturday, February 13, 2016

Valentines Day Blues? Some things you can do to fight off Mr. Cupid.

When Valentine’s Day comes around, it may seem as if everyone is in love but you...or you may look on social media only to find all the lovey dovey pictures of couples in love, or people flashing rings, or gifts which they have received.  Always keep in mind what you see on social media does not always show the truth. For a lot of people, all that lovey-dovey goodness is great — but for others, it can just be depressing. After all, Valentine’s Day is about couples...Or is it? Personally I don't need a special day to show love to someone, I show it all year round, I don't need a special day to give gifts, I give all year round...I think Valentines Day is truly just another way for retailers to make money. 
  
Valentines day is about love, so who says you have to be involved to enjoy the day, and just because you don’t have someone special at this moment doesn’t mean you’re less deserving of love, fun, and good feelings.

Being single myself I decided on doing a bit of self love, I did some things that I enjoy. First I set out to go shopping...I mean who doesn't like like to shop right ladies? And this frappe is oh sooo good. Nothing  says I love me like treating myself to a new pair of shoes,or an outfit.
 
Next I decided to dress up, I mean you don't need  a date to look good. And I do love taking selfies. Shoot I love myself!! Damn you go girl!! Looking good in that red gown!! 
I decided to head home and do one of my favorite hobbies, hobbies are always a good way to get your mind at ease. Do something you love to do. The day is about love right? I love music, there is a song for every mood! Music is Life!
Time for some pampering, nothing says I love me more than pampering myself..I decided on a nice hot candle lit bath with the sweet aroma of rose petals floating around...oh can't forget the wine!

Remember you don't have to be in a relationship to enjoy valentines day, you have family, and friends, but most importantly you have yourself! You want chocolates, don't wait for a man or woman to buy them, go indulge, you want flowers, heck go get some and place them in a nice vase. Always remember you don't need a mate to feel special on Valentines day, take time out to celebrate you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment